Fragment - a slice of personal views
Two artists who share the same vision have come together to create an eye-opening display of unique artwork and extraordinary talent.
Students were given the opportunity to view the work of artists Giovanni Valderas and Benjamin Terry before both artists began to explain what they were presenting with "Fragment" at the Lago Vista Gallery on Feb. 9.
Their work portrays each personal point of view that ranges from relations with people and the struggle to find good with Valderas and inner self-doubts with Terry.
"My work reflects an interest in the tensions, comforts, affectations and sincerities in human relationships," Valderas said.
Terry's work consists of self-portraits that only reveal certain fragments of his face and body to present a narrative that is disruptive.
"I try to portray what I'm thinking, such as fragmentation of thoughts that never come out with flickers of hope," Terry said.
Aside from attending the University of North Texas in Denton to obtain their master's degrees and teacher training, both have had their other works displayed and published throughout Dallas for nearly 10 years.
During that time they also earned their bachelor's degrees as they both aspire to become teachers one day.
Each artists' work adorns parts of the curved walls within Lago Vista and will be on display until March 29.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More Richland Chronicle News Articles
Recent Richland Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR RICHLAND CHRONICLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST RICHLAND CHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT RICHLAND CHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain